Yes, I have completely given up on naming these things. Maybe it's a flower? Anyway, here it is, the last of the 5 motifs. I took the photo below, which unusually for me managed to be in focus, and straight away noticed the knot (centre right, in red). The knot is gone now but I'm glad nobody but the camera is looking that closely! Here's another photo I thought I'd share. When I finished the first of the two bands, the cards were a wreck, and when I swapped them all out for new ones I thought I'd try to improve the situation by making the cards a bit stiffer, so I painted nail polish around the edges of all of them. Well, that worked, as far as making the cards stiffer went. Not a one of them gave out. On the other hand, it didn't have a great effect on the warp. This picture is of what greeted me when I moved the cards down about 10cm into the second band. Threads dying all over the place. Over the following 10cm I replaced almost all
Showing posts from September, 2012
- Other Apps
This is the second motif I wove, but the first time I did it it was about 40% longer than this and I wasn't very happy with the outcome. So here's my second attempt. I don't really have much more to say at this point other than that I'm about ready to finish this project and am very glad to have only about 5cm to go! Oh! and also, I bought brocade for the bliaut these bands will be going on and it is very pretty .