Mammen 3/1 Broken Twill

Warp: Blue and white wool (fibreholics)
Weft: Blue and white wool (fibreholics)
Pattern: Mammen band
Cards: 17 pattern + 2x2 border
Width: 1.5cm
Length: 80cm

This is the first "vanilla" 3/1 broken twill band I have done and it was a bit unexciting after Humikkala. I am generally pretty good at doing the same thing over and over again but I got quite bored with this one. I don't think it's the technique for me although I'm sure I'll end up doing more of it- I do want to try the Evebo band and at least pattern out that Chinese lion from Collingwood.

This band will form one of the straps that hold my straw mattress to my Oseberg bed. That means 3 other random bits of tablet weaving to do in the next 6 months.

Comments

  1. Oooo, pretty!I would love to try that one... I have to see if I can find the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link under "Pattern" links to Guido's pattern for it. It's much easier to follow than some of his others because the colour transitions have been drawn on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Anglo-Saxon" Belt

Oseberg Loom

Birka 6