Anyway, I didn't stop weaving entirely. Here are some photos of some bands I've woven in the last 6 months.
The green one which is a cut-down Anna Neuper pattern was an experiment using the same materials as for the Chasuble of St Wolfgang, seeing if on a simpler band I could manage to use the nice fine silk without it getting eaten to pieces. Conclusion: no. What a pity, because the effect is lovely. Photograph doesn't really do it justice.
The purple one is a Birka 22 I strung up for a talk on Viking tablet weaving to let people have a go, as per usual at these things people wove about a cm and then I went home and finished it myself. Fibreholics silk and tambour thread from Hedgehog.
And here is a photo of a caul made by Anna de Wilde for Queen Eva's stepdown outfit, with a band I made edging it. Anna Neuper again, fibreholics silk and tambour thread.
Hopefully it won't be another 6 months before I post again, but um, right now I'm a little distracted by Italian shirring.