An Updated Kaukola Pattern


Someone asked earlier today on the SCA-Card-Weaving list whether anyone had a pattern for the Kaukola band in Hansen. This prompted me to re-visit my pattern and check it against Hansen, since I've recently found instructions on how to read his mysterious patterns. It turns out the pattern I reconstructed by looking at his band was slightly off, so I've re-jigged my pattern to reflect that. The difference to the appearance of the finished band is pretty trivial. There are just a few extra reversals in column 4. They don't change what colour is up at any point, just the direction of twist.

I did have this pattern marked up for half-turns but I've been informed this is incorrect so I've removed them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Anglo-Saxon" Belt

Oseberg Loom

Birka 6