Victoria and Albert Museum "membership"
I don't know if this is common knowledge and I'm just out of the loop, but a friend recently pointed out to me that it was possible to get wonderfully high-resolution (specifically, 2500 pixels on the wider axis) photos of items from the V&A if you become a "member". It goes like this:
- Go to https://collections.vam.ac.uk
- Click the "Log in" button at top right.
- Fill out the "Or Register" form on the right-hand side of the page. You are now a member.
- Search for the item in the collection you fancy and click on the thumbnail of the one you like.
- At the right of the page, below the summary information, there is an "Order this image" button. Click it.
- You'll be taken to the "Manage your orders" which is kinda like your shopping cart. You can add up to 30 images to a single order.
- When you're done choosing the images you want, click the the "Place order now" button. The first time you do this you'll be asked to fill out some more details like your address and your reason for wanting the images.
- You are taken to a page that says that in 15 minutes your order will be ready. If you wait that long and then refresh, you will be given a zip file you can download.